
It's that time of year, it's a special time, one I have always cherished in the years past. This year was a tad bit different as it was a.)in a new state and b.)my first without Jonathan in several years. He always makes a State Fair more enjoyable. But, my good friends and I packed up the car and headed west about 3 hours to the fairgrounds in Raleigh. First, before I go any further, let me say, all week was in the 80's until Saturday, when it was 50 ish. Ughhhh! It was painful. A very cold State Fair experience to say the least, but, the bright side was that the rain had stopped in this area of North Carolina. I have never in my life seen so many little food carts. NEVER! It was a food fair, not a state fair. Corn dogs, fries, onion blossoms, deep fried ice cream, deep fried oreos, snickers, twinkies, butterfingers, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter and jelly, apples, deep fried pecan pie, if it was food, it was deep fried. Amazing! There were ribeye sandwiches, BBQ corn on the cob, turkey legs, ice cream, elephant ears, strawberry shortcake, funnel cakes, and any other kind of cake you can imagine. Chicken on a stick, gyros, french fries, caramel apples, hot dogs, brats, cotton candy and every other kind of food you couldn't or could imagine. Every once in a while, you saw an animal or two, some artwork, some crafts, several rides, and carnival games, but food, food, food. We got to see cattle, rabbits, sheep, horses, donkeys, goats and some pigs. I rode the giant slide and the zipper ride. I was such a big girl, we made the cage flip all the way around so many time

s I couldn't see straight or walk straight when the ride was over. Then, I rode the "extreme" mechanical bull, and they weren't kidding. This thing was crazy, it was quite possibly what one might imagine it would be like to ride a bobble head doll on steroids. I couldn't stay of for more than 4 seconds, try as I might. No matter how hard I squeezed, I was on the mats in seconds. Oh well. I can't forget the spider lady, the woman with eight spider legs and a human face. An optical illusion that I could not figure out. She was so weird, she was missing a tooth and everything. I couldn't see the mirror or how they were doing this. But it was the queerest

thing to see a woman yapping at us with no body. I hated that I spent a dollar to see her, and a dollar to snap this picture, but it had to be done. It just had to.
1 comment:
Wow, Alisson it sounds like you are having quite the time there in NC. Fairs in Chicago are a lot like the one you went to, tons and tons of food.
I'm glad you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment