
Recently, I found a horse listed on a website much like Craigslist called
www.lejeuneyardsales.com I had been a very dedicated visitor to this site when I happened upon the first real eye catching horse listing. I have been leasing her since the end of August and have been having so much fun. It was such a great deal. She is an 8 or 9 yr old Thoroughbred mare who measures 17.2 hands tall. She is a pretty big, beautiful girl named Lillie. She was originally trained as a dressage horse, so I have been learning a new craft. I have attempted a few jumps with her, but they have been very ugly. She seems so unimpressed by the jump that she won't even try to lift her feet off the ground. Lillie is a very clumsy mare, but every day she gets better and has been such a great horse to ride - I feel like I have my own horse again. The stables where she is kept are very pretty, it is called Wildwood. The owners are very good people and keep the place looking clean and much like something you would find in a magazine. It is so green, mature trees line the whole property, and there are horses in all of the pastures. One of the biggest differences between riding in this area of NC vs back home is the lack of sand filled arenas and no indoor arenas. When it rains, which happens about once per week since I started leasing her, the arena gets so muddy that I can't ride. This makes planning days to ride a little difficult. Hopefully, I will get better photos over the next few months that I can post to show her off.
No comments:
Post a Comment